This is a 4-day short tour to Baños, considered the adventure capital of Ecuador. On the way from Quito to Baños, we’ll make stops at the stunning Cotopaxi Volcano, where you will hike to the base-camp, as well as visiting the Quilotoa Lagoon, an unbelievable turquoise lake in the caldera of an active volcano. Once in Baños, you’ll enjoy a number of wonderful activities set against a beautiful backdrop of waterfalls and tropical greenery. This short tour makes for a great 4-day escape from Quito.
- Visit Cotopaxi National Park, where you’ll be able to see amazing panoramic views of the famous Cotopaxi Volcano. (Cotopaxi)
- If you’re lucky, you’ll have the chance to spot some of the park’s majestic native wildlife. Species that call the park home include wolves, rabbits, bears and condors. (Cotopaxi)
- Embark on a guided exploration of the Limpiopungo Lagoon, a stunning glacial lake in the shadow of the Cotopaxi Volcano. (Cotopaxi)
- Visit the José Rivas Refuge, the most popular base camp for mountaineers planning to climb the volcano. (Cotopaxi)
- Enjoy free use of the luxurious spa area at the Chuquiragua Lodge, including both a jacuzzi and sauna. Massages are also available at a small extra cost. If you wish to avail yourself of these facilities you must advise the receptionist upon your arrival to enable them to prepare the water. (Cotopaxi)
- Toachi Canyon is a small, gorgeous canyon that is missed by many travelers. We’ll get off the beaten track and make a brief stop here to take some photos and appreciate an exquisite view of the Ecuadorian countryside. (Toachi Canyon)
- We will take some time to hike down to the shore of the incredible Quilotoa Lagoon, located inside the crater of an active volcano. (-Quilotoa Lagoon)
- Your guide will bring you to some nearby artisan workshops and museums where you will be able to learn about the local culture and treat yourself to a handmade souvenir before spending the night in Quilotoa. (-Quilotoa Lagoon)
- Ride the “Swing at the End of the World” at La Casa del Árbol where you can look out at the epic Mt. Tungurahua Volcano, the town of Baños below, and the vast Ecuadorian wilderness in the distance. (Baños)
- Go for a relaxing dip in the town of Baños’s namesake natural thermal baths. (Baños)
- Visit the stunning Pailon del Diablo (Devil’s Cauldron), one of the most spectacular waterfalls in all of South America. View the falls from their base or climb up the adjacent staircase to see this beautiful natural marvel from above (Baños)
- Ride a cable car over the Pastaza River for extraordinary panoramic views of waterfalls, mountains, and beautiful jungle landscapes. (Baños)
- Breakfast and overnight accommodation included in price of tour.
- Lunch and evening meals not included.
- Make sure to bring appropriate clothing for high altitude climate.
- Wear sunscreen. The sun can be quite dangerous this close to the equator.
- Bring insect repellent for your stay in Baños.
- See the itinerary below for an hour by hour plan.