This is a full day tour from Quito to visit the Cotopaxi Volcano, a stunning snow-capped volcano in Ecuador’s countryside. You will have the chance to explore some different areas of Cotopaxi National Park while enjoying unbelievable views of the Cotopaxi Volcano. This full day tour from Quito to Cotopaxi is a great way to escape from the city and return to Quito the same day.
- Visit Cotopaxi National Park, where you’ll be able to see amazing panoramic views of the famous Cotopaxi Volcano.
- If you’re lucky, you’ll have the chance to spot some of the park’s majestic native wildlife. Species that call the park home include wolves, rabbits, bears and condors.
- Embark on a guided exploration of the Limpiopungo Lagoon, a stunning glacial lake in the shadow of the Cotopaxi Volcano.
- Visit the José Rivas Refuge, the most popular base camp for mountaineers planning to climb the volcano.
- Enjoy free use of the luxurious spa area at the Chuquiragua Lodge, including both a jacuzzi and sauna. Massages are also available at a small extra cost. If you wish to avail yourself of these facilities you must advise the receptionist upon your arrival to enable them to prepare the water.
- Breakfast and lunch are included in the price of this tour.
- Evening meal not included.
- Make sure to bring appropriate clothing for high altitude climate.
- Wear sunscreen. The sun can be quite dangerous this close to the equator.
- See the itinerary below for an hour by hour plan.