This is a 3 day short tour to Baños, considered the adventure capital of Ecuador. On the way from Quito to Baños, we’ll make stops at the stunning Cotopaxi Volcano as well as the Quilotoa Lagoon, an unbelievable turquoise lake in the caldera of an active volcano. Once in Baños, you’ll enjoy a number of wonderful activities set against a beautiful backdrop of waterfalls and tropical greenery. This short tour makes for a great 3-day escape from Quito.
- See the majestic Cotopaxi Volcano, one of Ecuador’s most famous sights and one of the highest active volcanoes in the world. (Cotopaxi)
- Visit a lookout point for the incredible Quilotoa Lagoon, located inside the crater of an active volcano. (Quilotoa)
- See Toachi Canyon, a small, gorgeous canyon that is missed by many travelers. We’ll get off the beaten track and make a brief stop here to take some photos and appreciate an exquisite view of the Ecuadorian countryside. (Toachi Canyon)
- Ride the “Swing at the End of the World” at La Casa del Árbol where you can look out at the epic Mt. Tungurahua Volcano, the town of Baños below, and the vast Ecuadorian wilderness in the distance. (Baños)
- Go for a relaxing dip in the town of Baños’s namesake natural thermal baths. (Baños)
- Visit the stunning Pailon del Diablo (Devil’s Cauldron), one of the most spectacular waterfalls in all of South America. View the falls from their base or climb up the adjacent staircase to see this beautiful natural marvel from above (Baños)
- Ride a cable car over the Pastaza River for extraordinary panoramic views of waterfalls, mountains, and beautiful jungle landscapes. (Baños)
- Visit the San Martín Adventure Park for zip-lining, canopy walks, trekking and other thrilling activities. (Baños)
- Breakfast and overnight accommodation included in price of tour.
- Lunch and evening meals not included.
- Make sure to bring appropriate clothing for high altitude climate.
- Wear sunscreen. The sun can be quite dangerous this close to the equator.
- Bring insect repellent for your stay in Baños.
- See the itinerary below for an hour by hour plan.