This is a full day tour from Quito to visit the Quilotoa Lagoon, an incredible turquoise-colored lake located inside the caldera of an active volcano. On the way to Quilotoa, you will also stop to enjoy breakfast at the scenic Chuquiragua Lodge, located in the foothills of the Cotopaxi Volcano. This full-day tour is a great way to escape from the city and return to Quito the same day.
- On the way to Quilotoa, we’ll stop at a viewing point where you can soak in some views of the famous Cotopaxi Volcano while enjoying a delicious breakfast.
- Toachi Canyon is a small, gorgeous canyon that is missed by many travelers. We’ll get off the beaten track and make a brief stop here to take some photos and appreciate an exquisite view of the Ecuadorian countryside. (Toachi Canyon)
- Once we’ve arrived at the Quilotoa Lagoon, we will visit the Shalala Mirador lookout point for some of the most breathtaking views you’ve ever seen.
- We will take some time to hike down to the shore of this beautiful crystal-blue lagoon.
- Your guide will bring you to some nearby artisan workshops and museums where you will be able to learn about the local culture and treat yourself to a handmade souvenir.
- On the return trip, we will visit the Quilotoa Mirador for another beautiful view of the lake.
- Breakfast and lunch are included in the price of this tour.
- Evening meal is not included.
- Make sure to bring appropriate clothing for high altitude climate.
- Wear sunscreen. The sun can be quite dangerous this close to the equator.
- See the itinerary below for an hour by hour plan.